Our Family Photo

Our Family Photo

Friday, April 24, 2009

Well we seemed to have let life get in the way of our blogging this time. When we got back from our trip we were thrust into the excitement of having all 3 dogs come down with kennel cough. And for those of you lucky enough not to have ever had to deal with it, take a big sigh of relief. We got back to the house about 6 pm after picking up our dogs, got them bathed (yes they smelled) and got ourselves cleaned up, had supper and promptly fell asleep in our chairs around nine pm. We decided at 10:30 we might as well haul our tired butts to bed and then at one am we were awakened by Chadish coughing like a wild goose, and so hard that he was throwing up, then Dax joined in with what it called a reverse sneeze where her little body would just seize up and all she could do was inhale. So at 5 am on Sunday morning I haul Chadish and Dax to the vet, while Ben stayed home with Tanna, who at the time was okay. I got a handful of medicine for them and headed home where we tagged team trying to keep ahead of the throw up mess and the pills in the dogs. Of course two days later Tanna got it and she was in the routine. So with that, Ben being horribly busy at work and little bits of spring popping up and the jobs with it, blogging was put aside. So to make up for it I have added some pictures of the geese that are at the Loussac Library in Anchorage, for me they are always a sign of spring so I was very happy when they were just wandering around on the lawn looking for the new sprigs of grass trying to poke up after a very long winter.

On Thursday I was very pleasantly surprised when I answered the door and a man was standing holding this gorgeous bouquet of flowers for me. My wonderful husband surprised me with them. On Wednesday it was Administrative Assistants Day and he got them for me for everything I do around our home. He is the most wonderful and thoughtful husband and is always surprising me like this. We do love to spoil each other and try to make each day an adventure and of course our dogs do help us with this also, sometime adding more adventure into the day then planned.




No comments: