Our Family Photo

Our Family Photo

Thursday, October 4, 2007


While out on my morning walk I was treated to a symphony of music created by all of the little critters in the forest. The picture doesn't do it justice and if I knew that I could have gotten a good recording I would have put it on here so that you could have enjoyed it as well. The sounds of the crickets, frogs and the birds all doing their part to create the most beautiful sounds. Isn't it amazing though, that when a cricket is in its own element the sound can be very soothing but if one of them happen to get trapped in your bedroom at night it turns into the most annoying sound and your sleep is almost always interrupted until you can find the little demon and stop the "music". I found a log and sat down to enjoy this for quite sometime and it reminded me of that last time that I got to enjoy a wildlife symphony and that was when we were in Hawaii and dove a twilight dive on The Carthaginian and as we were floating around in 95 feet of water, surround by the humpback whales all singing in surround sound for us. These are some of the moments that are truly breathtaking and makes you really appreciate the sense of sound.




No comments: