Our Family Photo

Our Family Photo

Thursday, October 4, 2007

I have walked by this beautifully done mount a few times now and the first thing that always pops into my head is how sorry I feel for the caribou! I know that in nature we have the survival of the fittest but I have never been really good at dealing with this. Its always been a toss up in feeling sorry for the prey but knowing that if the predator doesn't occasionally eat the prey, it will die then I am feeling sorry for them. I think its best that I don't get to see most of life's little battles as I would probably have a hard time resisting the urge to meddle with mother nature and when you think of all the years that "she" has been managing it I think she is better at it without my help. I also don't think that our home owners covenants would allow me to keep all of the critters that I would like to save and Benjamin would eventually roll his eyes at my " it followed me home, can we keep it?" story.


No comments: