Our Family Photo

Our Family Photo

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

After a long 19 hour journey we arrived at the NCTC in Shepherdstown, West Virgina, Sunday afternoon. Ben had to be up Monday morning all bright eyed and bushy tailed to start coaching his group and I, well got to learn how to be a lounge lizard and I think I did a good job on the first day! I took a few long walks and of course a bunch of pictures I am really grateful for the digital camera because I think I would spend a fortune in film and processing fee's other wise.


Here is a picture of the "Commons" it houses the dining facilities, a library, a lounge and gift shop also a place for meetings and get togethers.

This is one of the four buildings that holds the dorm like rooms where we stay, its alot like a hotel in the way that they have housekeeping and each individual room has a private bathroom and TV. There is a shared main living area with a TV and a small kitchen with a fridge and microwave. I also have a picture of the classrooms but for some reason the blog wont let me upload that picture, got to love technology! The weather has been absolutely gorgeous and I have no doubt in my mind that we are about to be spoiled and will have a little bit of trouble when we get back to Alaska and have to deal with the approaching winter season. When we left the leaves were just about all in that golden yellow color and dropping rapidly from the trees and the termination dust was going further and further down the mountain.


No comments: